How to test NVDA screen reader behaviour on a Mac:
- Download Microsoft Edge VM from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/
- Download Virtualbox and import the Edge VM image.
Then in the VM:
- Install guest addons in the VM
- Download & install latest NVDA from nvaccess.org
- Download & install SharpKeys and use it to map left an alternative key (eg. Left Ctrl) to the Insert key. This is needed because Macs do not typically have an “Insert” key which is the prefix for many NVDA commands.