Merged from https://github.com/joelparkerhenderson/git_commit_message and https://chris.beams.io/posts/git-commit/
- Commit messages must have a subject line and may have body copy. These must be separated by a blank line.
- The subject line must not exceed 50 characters
- The subject line should be capitalized and must not end in a period
- The subject line must be written in imperative mood (Fix, not Fixed / Fixes etc.)
- The body copy must be wrapped at 72 columns
- The body copy must only contain explanations as to what and why, never how. The latter belongs in documentation and implementation.