Google Summer of Code 2021 - Zulip
This was a very insightful experience for me and I learned a lot of things about the day to day life of a software engineer, and what goes into building and maintaining a software product.
Brief of my work during GSoC
My work during the summer involved
- The completion and enhancement of the Share to Zulip functionality that was partially completed during the summer of 2020 as a GSoC project by another student.
- Work on changing the Notification UI for the app, to be more user friendly.
- Implementation of Deep Linking feature with which the app can be opened from a URL.
- Fetching Message data when a notification is recieved.
- Work on improving action sheets (logic and features).
- Work on improving search feature.
- Bug fixes.
Merged PRs during GSoC
- Share To Zulip 1
- Share To Zulip 2
- Multiple Share To Zulip
- Update the Behavior of Attach File Functionality
- Add mark as read option in TopicActionSheet and migrate to using stream_id in ActionSheets
- Fix Bug that prevented play store from displaying Zulip as installable for some users
getInitialNotificationa consumer of initial notification data
- Make wifi hardware requirement optional
- Fix parameter order for
- Remove meaningless properties in rnfb config
fileCacheproperty from rnfb config
- Fix behavior of "do not mark as read", and make it discoverable
- Do not mark as read for search and special Narrow
- Remove default text Color on Android
- Drop support for API < 23
- Search only on submit, not as you type
Open PRs at this Point of Time
- Fetch data when notification is received
- Reply from notification in Android
- Improve Notification UI (partially merged)
- Implement & Enable deep link functionality for android
- Implement stream action sheets
All my PRs (latest) are available here