Here are some resources that I've used in my recent job search for full-stack web development positions. Feel free to share.
what questions to ask
- https://jvns.ca/blog/2013/12/30/questions-im-asking-in-interviews is a good starting point to come up with questions to ask potential employers
where to find tech companies
- https://www.crunchbase.com/#/home/index was THE search engine for finding tech companies based on criteria
- www.hired.com (where I ultimately found the place where I'm working at now, i love the transparent salary data)
- https://angel.co for early-stage tech startups
statistics on tech companies
- hired.com's annual reporto on market rate salaries: https://hired.com/blog/highlights/hired-releases-second-annual-global-state-salaries-report/
- ALL of hired.com's blog posts are well-researched, well-written
algorithms interview prep
- https://www.interviewcake.com/ InterviewCake interactive in-browser questions
- http://blog.gainlo.co/ has nice blog posts going in-depth on specific algorithms topics
- MixMax: a gmail inbox plugin. Lots of features. The most useful feature for me was calendar scheduling for interviews.
- any reminder app to alert me that I have N minutes before my next interview meeting and amount of traffic to get there