- Add Heroku to your Gemfile and
- Create your Heroku app. This will only work with their (currently-beta)
'cedar' stack, so you have to
heroku create --stack=cedar.
- Create a Procfile for your bot. This tells Heroku how to run your worker. In
our case, the bot is bot.rb, so the only line in the Procfile is
cinch: bundle exec ./bot.rb
- Commit and push to Heroku.
- You do not want a Web worker running, so
heroku scale web=0 cinch=1. This also sets up your deployments to restart the bot.
How to run a bot on Heroku