Building a mingw-w64 GCC cross-compiler with nixcrpkgs: instructions for Terry, October 2018
- Install Nix, the functional package manager. You'll need Linux (but macOS might work too).
- Make sure you have at least 4 GB of free space available for
/tmpand a few GB of free space available for
- To get my recipes, run:
git clone https://github.com/DavidEGrayson/nixcrpkgs && cd nixcrpkgs && git checkout 4f7b11dThat commit is the current tip of the dev/david/2019 branch.
- To build a i686-w64-mingw32 C/C++ cross-compiling toolchain and a hello world program, run:
nix-build -A win32.hello
- To build Qt and its examples, run:
nix-build -A win32.qt.examples
- To just build the toolchain itself, run:
nix-build -A win32.gcc