These are some resources, sorted pedagogically, to get started with functional programming in Python:
- Functional Programming in Python by Dan Bader (videos): Nice low level introduction to map, filter and reduce functions. It shows also how easy it is to parallelise code in functional programming.
- Learning Data Science using Functional Python by Joel Grus (video): Nice talk on how to translate imperative code into functional code using Python. The title is misleading as data science is not the focus of the talk.
- Functional Programming in Python by David Mertz (short book): Nice and short book that explains the basic concepts of functional programming in Python using examples.
- Functional Programming HOWTO by A. M. Kuchling (tutorial): Overview of Functional programming in Python with an emphasis on functional programming using Python standard libraries.
- Functional Programming Modules (documentation): Overview with examples of three useful Python modules for functional programming: itertools, functools and operator.
- Awesome Functional Python (other resources): A comprehensive collection of resources on functional programming in Python.