To enable ssh-agent and add private key into it:
Set-Service ssh-agent -StartupType Automatic Start-Service ssh-agent ssh-add X:\xxx.ed25519
The permission of file
X:\xxx.ed25519 need manual tweak before ssh-add:
- Right click
X:\xxx.ed25519, click "Properties."
- Swtich to "Security" tab and click "Advanced"
- Click "Disable inheritance", and select "delete" them
- Delete anything left in the permission table, to make it empty.
- Click "Add", click "Select User or Group", type in your username, and click "OK"
- Click "Ok" for every dialog
When ssh-agent running, it listen on windows named pipe
Windows named pipe is exact same thing as
mkfifo on linux.
But on linux,
ssh-agent is listening on an unix socket (more like TCP). Not on a fifo file.
So, They aren't compitable with each other.