How to install Kali Linux GUI Desktop in Android using Termux:
This Guide will help you install Kali Linux in Android, that too with a GUI Desktop Environment within Android. It uses Termux to run Kali Linux in Android with XFCE4 Desktop Environment and a Tight VNC Server, which we connect to using a VNC Viewer app in Android.
Just Follow these steps to install Kali Linux with XFCE4 Desktop GUI in Android using Termux:
Open Termux and run the following commands:
apt update && apt install python python2 openssh -y pkg install wget openssl-tool proot -y && hash -r && wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EXALAB/AnLinux-Resources/master/Scripts/Installer/Kali/kali.sh && bash kali.sh ./start-kali.sh
After completion of the above steps, you will be in Kali Linux Shell. Run the following commands in the Kali Shell:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/EXALAB/AnLinux-Resources/master/Scripts/DesktopEnvironment/Apt/Xfce4/de-apt-xfce4.sh && bash de-apt-xfce4.sh vncserver
When it asks, Create and confirm a new password and remember it. You will need it to login in later steps.
After setting the password, run the following command:
vncserver -kill :1 rm -f ~/.vnc/xstartup echo -e '#!/bin/bash\nxrdb \$HOME/.Xresources\nstartxfce4 &' > ~/.vnc/xstartup sudo chmod +x ~/.vnc/xstartup vncserver
Let Termux run in background by pressing HOME button in Android.
Install VNC Viewer in Android and open it.
In VNC Viewer, press the + button in the lower right corner.
- Under Address type
- Under Name type any name that you want to show in the app.
- Press Create. An Entry by the name you entered will appear.
- Under Address type
Press the entry you just created in VNC Viewer.
Type in the password that you created in a previous step (Turn on the Remember password slider if preffered) and press continue in the upper right corner.
You will soon be in your Kali Linux XFCE4 Desktop Environment.
How to stop the session:
Once you have done working(hacking) using Kali-Linux, follow these steps to stop the session:
- Swipe down from the top of the VNC Viewer app and tap the cross (
Disconnectwhen it asks you about being sure to disconect.
- Now close the VNC Viewer app.
- Then open Termux that was running in background.
- To kill the VNC Server in Kali and exit from Kali, run the following commands:
vncserver -kill:1 exit
- To exit from Termux, type
exitand press Enter.
How to start a new session:
To start a new session if the installation part is already done, follow the following steps:
- Open Termux and run the command,
- Let Termux run in background by pressing HOME button in Android.
- Open VNC Viewer and press the entry that you created during installation.
- Type in the password created during installation (Turn on the Remember password slider if preferred) and press continue in the upper right corner.
- You will soon be in your Kali Linux XFCE4 Desktop Environment.
- Click here to see how to stop the session.