Rebuild the WMI Repository
The WMI error can be due to a corrupted WMI repository folder. As such, rebuilding the WMI repository might also fix the Windows Management Instrumentation error. This is how you can rebuild the WMI repository.
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator by selecting Command Prompt (Admin) on the Win + X menu.
- Enter ‘net stop winmgmt’ in the Prompt, and press the Enter key.
- Press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Input ‘System32’ in Run, and press the OK button.
- Then open the wbem subfolder that’s in the System32 folder.
- Right-click the Repository folder and select Rename.