Personal notes on presenting and streaming.
- Turn off un-needed software. Especially things with notifications: Slack, Skype, Teams, etc.
- Turn on Focus Assist
- When sharing your desktop, consider sharing a secondary screen rather than the primary screen. Many apps will post notifications to the primary screen so this will help cut down on accidently sharing out notifications.
- Hide desktop icons
- Consider resolution/DPI. Remember that for streaming, people watching may be on lower resolutions; don't stream above 1080p.
- Hide task bar. Either set auto hide, or simply crop the shared section of your screen to omit it.
- Consider if desktop background is appropriate.