- I faced bandwidth issues between a WG Peer and a WG server. Download bandwidth when downloading from WG Server to WG peer was reduced significantly and upload bandwidth was practically non existent.
- I found a few reddit posts that said that we need to choose the right MTU. So I wrote a script to find an optimal MTU.
- Ideally I would have liked to have run all possible MTU configurations for both WG Server and WG Peer but for simplicity I choose to fix the WG Server to the original 1420 MTU and tried all MTUs from 1280 to 1500 for the WG Peer.
- On WG server, I started an
- On WG peer, I wrote a script that does the following:
wg-quick down wg0
- Edit MTU in the