Google Summer of Code 2017
Project page: Susper
My major task was to implement a working responsive and stable front-end for the Susper Search Appliance, in addition to integrating features like Autocomplete, Autocorrect, Related Searches etc., to enhance the existing functionalities.
I used Angular along with HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap to write the front-end code. Most of the backend integration was achieved by using Yacy API.
Outcome of contributions
- Implemented a better designed front-end for Susper. Check susper.com for reference.
- Made the front-end responsive for all screen-sizes.
- Made the site usable on mobile devices, this included designing certain components like the info-cum-analytics box specially for mobile sizes.
- Integrated the Autocorrect API into Susper, and implemented a working autocorrect component
- Integrated the Yacy Autocomplete API into Susper, implemened an auto-suggest/ auto-complete box hovering below the search bar
- Implemented a graphic pagination bar for Susper
- Implemented 'related searches' feature
- Helped develop and enhance other featues such as Information box, Analytics box, Intelligence Feature, Advanced Search, Auto Search
- Added tests for various components using Jasmine.
- Fixing the scroll position in Supsper
- Linking Codecov to Angular projects
- Adding a page to Angular projects
- Implementing a pagination bar in Angular
- Using Hidden attributes in Angular
- Implementing a sticky footer in Susper
- Implementing autocomplete in Angular
- Implementing drop-downs with tips in Angular
- Implementing drop-ups in Angular
- Implementing Themes in Angular
- Making the autocomplete box compatible with the search bar in Angular
- Making customized mobile-compatible drop down menus in Susper
- Making a sticky top navigation bar in Susper
- Writing Browser specific Css
- Creating combined box for mobile view
Blogs for FOSSASIA: http://blog.fossasia.org/author/Marauderer97/
- My daily scrum updates (i.e updates on what I worked on everyday, what I planned on doing the next day and the difficulties I was facing) were made on the opentec-dev forum (username: vadlamannati1997).
- The list can be found here.
Publicity of Susper
- Twitter Handle : vadlamannati1997
- Facebook username : soumyavadlam