Set Up Instructions
Complete the set up by or before the deadline mentioned in the enrollment email
If you have any problem in the set up you must tell us on Discord along with a clear description of the problem.
1.Set Up VSCode and Nodejs
Watch the video in the link to setup Github and other things and make sure to use your first and last name in your GitHub Profile.
Please visit this link and install the appropriate version of VSCode on your computer.
Install NodeJS on your computer.
2. Submit Code on Airtable
- As mentioned in the video create a folder named 'Foundations' where you can save the 'helloWorld.js' file.
- Run the code by typing node helloWorld.js in the terminal and make sure there are no errors.
- Copy the code and create a gist for it on GitHub.
- Copy the gist link and submit the gist link under 'Day 0 -Hello World' on the airtable.
- Here is the link for the airtable
3. Submit SmileyFace Screenshot
- Draw a smiley face and submit the screenshot on the Airtable under 'Day 0 -Smiley Face' excercise. You can use any of the methods below.
- Draw on pen and paper, take a photo with your phone and submit.
- If you have a mouse, go to WhiteboardFox, draw a smiley face and save the image then submit the image.
4. Create a Zoom Id
- Create a Zoom Id by registering on zoom and download the Desktop App. Do not join from the browser.
- To join the classes on Zoom :
- Open the Zoom meeting link pinned on the Discord Channel
- Login with your zoom credentials when prompted by the App.