GSoC 2021 Final Evaluation Work Report
By Meghal Bisht | @MeghalBisht
Parent Organisation - DIAL
Sub Organisation - FOSSASIA
Project Name - Open Event
About the Project
Open Event is an open source Event Management Solution for Virtual and In-person events. The platform allows users to create events and manage them with a rich dashboard. It supports a variety of features like event creation, ticket management system, speaker, exhibitors and attendee management dashboards, groups (similar events can be grouped together) management system, video integrations using open source solutions like BBB rooms, Jitsi etc, payment integration via Stripe and Paypal, chat integration using RocketChat. Email service for event updates and invites. It also has a dedicated admin panel to manage and track the system.
My work includes -
- Creating Group APIs (Group create, Group edit, Group delete, Group list, Group Follow, Group Unfollow) [GET, POST, PUT, DELETE]
- Integrating the Group APIs in the frontend.
- Improving application render time by removing all sequentially awaited code.
- Adding validation unit tests in server.
- Solving miscellaneous bugs and reviewing PRs from other developers.
- Monitoring the deployment of the project and solving production errors.
My Contributions (Commits)
Apart from the above mentioned PRs, I have also reviewed PRs in open-event-frontend and open-event-server, attended bi-weekly and deployment meetings, provided weekly blog updates using the DIAL platform, helped other contributors and completed a few unattended PRs by other contributors.