Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Download for Windows and Linux
You can download the Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 simulator program to your computer from the Downloads section after you create your Cisco Netacad account.
If you do not have a Cisco Netacad account, you can download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 for free by browsing the article below.
Read Article: Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2 Download
What's New in Packet Tracer 7.2.1
Users of previous versions of Packet Tracer will note a variety of new features in this version of Packet Tracer.
New themes Align workspace objects Ability to deploy device to specific rack Assessibility update Ability to name a rack
PPPoE 802.1X Answer tree filter Real TCP Server Real Websocket Realtime activity grading Show incorrect items in activity result Netacad exam player Bluetooth tethering Additional security related IOS commands Various enhancements to existing protocols
Meraki Server Meraki Security Appliance Home Router ASA 5506
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 System Requirements
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2.53 GHz or equivalent OS: Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows 10 or Ubuntu 16.04 LTS RAM: 2 GB Storage: 1.4 GB of free disk space Display resolution: 1024 x 768 Language fonts supporting Unicode encoding (if viewing in languages other than English) Latest video card drivers and operating system updates
CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or better RAM: 4 GB Storage: 1.6 GB of free disk space Display resolution: 1920 x 1080 Sound card and speakers Internet connectivity (if using the Multiuser feature or tutorials)**
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Features
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 is a medium fidelity, network-capable, simulation-based learning environment for networking novices to design, configure, and troubleshoot computer networks at a CCNA-level of complexity.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 is an integrated simulation, visualization, collaboration, and assessment environment. Packet Tracer supports student and instructor creation of simulations, visualizations, and animations of networking phenomena.
Like any simulation, Packet Tracer relies on a simplified model of networking devices and protocols. Real computer networks, experienced both in-person/hands-on and remotely, remain the benchmark for understanding network behavior and developing networking skills.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 was created to help address the Digital Divide in networking education, where many students and teachers lack access to equipment, bandwidth, and interactive modes of learning networking. We invite you to use the help files and tutorials to learn about the major features of the program, which include the items in the following table.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Protocols
- LAN: Ethernet (including CSMA/CD*), 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless*, PPPOE
- Switching: VLANs, 802.1q, trunking, VTP, DTP, STP*, RSTP*, multilayer switching*, EtherChannel, LACP, PAgP, IP CEF
- TCP/IP: HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DHCPv6, Telnet, SSH, TFTP, DNS, TCP*, UDP, IPv4*, IPv6*, ICMP, ICMPv6, ARP, IPv6 ND, FTP, SMTP, POP3, VOIP(H.323)
- Routing: static, default, RIPv1, RIPv2, EIGRP, single-area OSPF, multi-area OSPF, BGP, inter-VLAN routing, redistribution
- Other: ACLs (standard, extended, and named), CDP, NAT (static, dynamic, inside/outside, and overload), NATv6, Netflow
- WAN: HDLC, SLARP, PPP*, and Frame Relay*
- Security: IPsec, GRE, ISAKMP, NTP, AAA, RADIUS, TACACS, SNMP, SSH, SYSLOG, CBAC, Zone-based policy firewall, IPS
- QoS: Layer 2 QoS, Layer 3 Diffserv QoS, FIFO Hardware queues, Priority Queuing, Custom Queuing, Weighted Fair Queuing, MQC, NBAR*
- indicates substantial modeling limitations imposed
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Logical Workspace
- Network topology creation
- Devices: generic, real, and modular with customizable images
- Routers, switches, hosts (Server, Desktop and Laptop), hubs, bridges, wireless access points, wireless routers, clouds, ASA, and DSL/cable modems
- Device interconnection through a variety of networking media
- Multiuser remote networks
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Physical Workspace
- Network topology creation
- Hierarchy of device, wiring closet, building, city, and intercity views
- Structured cabling: create BendPoints and GroupPoints in cables and color code cables
- Ethernet cable length display and length limitation connectivity enforcement
- Images for devices now customizable and scalable
- Loading and scaling of user-created graphics
- Wireless association management
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Realtime Mode
- Realtime protocol updates
- Medium-fidelity Cisco IOS CLI configuration of routers and switches
- Menu based configuration of DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TFTP, Syslog, AAA, and NTP servers
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Simulation Mode
- Packet animation
- Global event list (packet sniffer)
- OSI Model, Detailed PDU, and Device Table Views
- User-defined multiple packet scenarios
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1 Local Authoring and Sharing
- Extensive file-saving options
- Multi-level Activity Wizard for authoring automatically scored practice activities and formative assessment
- Challenge Mode allowing users to make device algorithm decisions on packets
- Easily translated GUI
- Extensive textual and graphical annotation features
- External Applications (ExApps) through Inter-Process Communication (IPC)