Peanut Butter Cookies
1cup granulated sugar
1cup packed brown sugar
1/4cup butter, softened
1cup peanut butter
2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
- Cream together the sugars, butter, shortening, and peanut butter. Beat in the eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into the cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least two hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork dipped in sugar or flour, or a round potato masher, to form crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool just long enough to get off baking sheet; remove from sheet to cool on wire rack.