The Galapag.us Tribe
Our tribal values:
- We believe that a primary goal of life is to maximize eudaimonia and to help others do the same.
- We individuals own our own data, and can control its availability.
- We believe in sharing and strength through interconnectedness.
- We believe in transparency and accountability.
- Our data is a powerful form of expression of our own identities, and we should be allowed to fully show and present that data identity and reputation in a free society.
- We are each members of many tribes and have many identities and faces, and only through all layers combined can we be understood in context.
- We believe in networked webs of people reinforcing validity of each others' information.
- We believe in generativity through open source and open, linked, organized data.
- We believe in economic incentives and positive externalities.
- We believe in being fast and adaptive.
- We individuals can balance the benefits of others, governments, and companies having data about us, against the benefits of retaining ownership, oversight, and privacy of our own data.
- We individuals benefit from being more public and open, rather than less.
- We individuals should be able to fully express ourselves by being honest, open, vulnerable, genuine, and caring.
- We individuals, through sharing our own data, can benefit from what currently only governments and companies can exploit off of us.
- Instead of rumors, gossip, credit ratings, etc. determining reputation, we can use data science, Moneyball, and a combination of quantification and qualification to build a more thorough reputation for ourselves that doesn't just rely on wealth and popularity.
Our ultimate goals:
- We will become the standard for the world's 21st century reputation system.
- We will give every human on Earth (and his internet of things) a reputation and identity.
- We will marry quantification and qualification.
- We will make social data and social capital household phrases.
- We will be the example of open social information.
- We will provide the model for transparency.
- We will explore mechanisms for direct democracy.
- We will organize everyone's personal data.