Web Page Test
Service Worker Application Shell caching + SSR for shell + real-time data (no content cached)
- Chrome - Cable (NY) - (3 runs): http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_GT_PBX/ (1st load: 764, Repeat: 884)
- Chrome - Cable (SJ) - (1 run): http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_GJ_P9G/ (1st load: 1222, Repeat: 861)
- Chrome - Cable (VA) - (1 run): http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_4T_PAN/ (1st load: 728, Repeat: 588)
- Safari iOS - 3G Fast (VA) - (3 runs): http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_B4_PE2/ (1st load: 5338, 2nd: 3814)
- Safari iOS - Cable: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160522_EV_H5F/ (1st load: 3976, 2nd: 3550)
- Chrome - Nexus 5 - 3GFast (VA): http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_J2_PFR/ (1st load: 2641, Repeat: 2027)
- Chrome - Nexus 5 - Cable (VA): http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_H0_PHE/ (1st load: 1408, Repeat: 1206)
Manually checking, this build at best gets first-paint at 800ms, FMP and FMI ~ 2300ms. We're switching to async loading bundles shortly and will check the impact of this shortly. Also looking at SSR for content.
Service Worker App-Shell caching + SSR for shell + content caching ('Offline Mode' switched on by default)
Note: Offline Mode enables content caching by switching Firebase's realtime API over to the REST API.
Note: SW Toolbox
fastest mode used for Firebase content.
- Dulles, VA - Chrome - Cable: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_PB_Q6S/ (1st load: 617, 2nd: 650)
- Dulles, VA - Motorola G - Chrome - 3GFast: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160521_BP_QDS/ (1st: 2213, 2nd: 2333)
Lighthouse (build from 22nd May, 2016)
Tested URL: https://react-hn.appspot.com Score: 99/100 overall. Perf section pasted below:
Fast first paint of content (target value: 1,000ms) 100 (396.47ms) Speed Index Metric (target value: 1,000ms) 99 (1288) Input Readiness (target value: 100) 78 (0.2213)