Design Manager Candidate Rubric
Overall Assessment: Definite - Yes
Reviewer: Adam Kaplan
1. Communication & Collaboration
Do they communicate clearly? Are they able to work collaboratively toward a shared understanding of and solution to the problem? Are they easy to work with?
5 - Julia is team player and was able to clearly communicate the problem to the team. She will have no trouble working with a remote design team and would be a great fit. I also loved that she took the time to chat with me before the interview.
2. Design Thinking
Do they follow a clear process for problem solving? Do they exercise design thinking skills (problem definition, empathy, idea generation, synthesis)? Do they show consideration for the user during the process?
5 - Julia has a lot of experience moderating design workshops and I really enjoyed our session today.
Were they adept at encouraging participation and generating a wide range of ideas, while also making good use of the allotted time and keeping things on track?
5 - Julia made sure everyone had a voice and did a great job of keeping everything on track. We were each given enough time to sketch and share via a short presentation.
4. Can I learn from this person?
What unique skills, expertise, or perspectives would this person bring to the team?
- Will help grow our branding and design systems
- Strong design/research background that we can all learn from
- Lots of experience doing design workshops
- Strong empathy for our team and users
- Making sure we each have a voice
5. How excited would I be for this person to be my manager?
I would be very excited to have Julia as my design manager! :)