|Project||Creative Commons WordPress Plugin|
The CC WordPress plugin is an attribution tool. It incorporates multiple features to allow users to attribute their content by including Creative Commons license/licenses on their WordPress website. This includes default, post, page and media attribution.
✅ Achieved Deliverables
The main goals of the project are achieved and the plugin is up and running. I worked with my mentors and could then push some work as soon as the code is ready. This allowed me to have quick feedback for all the visual changes and new features. After multiple stable releases we have submitted the plugin to WordPress.org repository and the pugin is useable now.
- WordPress Coding Standards compliant code.
- WordPress Documentation Standards compliant inline documentation.
- New plugin settings using WordPress Settings API.
- New and simple License Selector.
- Custom Widget to dislpay Site License.
- Creative Commons specific Gutenberg blocks allowing basic, image and media attribution in posts and pages.
- Rich text, customization and settings support for blocks.
- WordPress.org submission of stable release.
- Plugin Repository.
- Pull requests
- Most of my commits can be seen here.
- Releases drafted during GSoC period:
- To try the plugin out, see the Installation in
📝 Blog Posts
Following are regular blog posts about progress.
🙌 Final Note
GSoC 2019 has been a life changing experience for me. As an eighteen year old student, every single day brought something new to learn, something to get better at and something to figure out. The interaction with my mentors helped me enhance myself as a professional. Special thanks to Timid Robot, Kriti Godey and Hugo Solar.