- What: Q&A for potential speakers at jQuery Portland 2013
- Where: Post questions in this tlk.io chat room or tweet @jqcon
- When: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific, Midnight GMT)
Have you been thinking about proposing a talk for jQuery Portland 2013 (or any other tech conference, for that matter)? You should be! We're looking to put together a roster of speakers that can bring a diverse set of experiences together to create a program that goes above and beyond just what's new in jQuery.
A lot of folks convince themselves not to submit a talk because they're worried their idea "isn't on topic" or that "someone else 'better' will surely do that." That's why Rebecca Murphey (@rmurphey) and I (@ajpiano) are hosting a live Q&A for people who are thinking about speaking but have questions and concerns.
We'll be discussing:
- how to put together a proposal
- tips for preparing as a speaker
- subjects that we'd love to see in June
- common questions from first-time speakers
Even if you don't have an idea just yet, you could walk away from tonight with one! We hope you'll join us :)
We've started a list of talk ideas; we'd love your additions.