Update XMLUI themes for new DSpace 4.x code / assets
The current CGSpace XMLUI themes are based on XMLUI as it was around DSpace 1.7/1.8, but were slightly update to take advantage of DSpace 3.x features, code, etc. We need to check the contents of current CGSpace XMLUI themes against the latest DSpace 4.x Mirage for new code, assets, best practices, etc.
From a brief look at the code, it seems this could happen in two phases:
- Phase 2: customized layout / display code like CSS and XSL which we have to integrate manually
Pretty obvious, we just need the latest of everything. Copy all the files:
Trivial cleanups like licenses and spacing:
- dspace-xmlui/src/main/webapp/themes/Mirage/lib/css/jquery-ui-1.8.15.custom.css dspace-xmlui/src/main/webapp/themes/Mirage/lib/css/yui.LICENSE
Trickier, as we have customized some of the CSS for XMLUI look and feel, but we need to account for new styles which are used by new DSpace features.
Lots of new things in style.css:
- Font sizes are set at the top and the rest of the page uses relative sizes
- Page width is set on the top elements
- Lots of new HTML elements for new DSpace features
- Lots of old misleading comments / new useful comments
These are very tricky because they include custom layouts, but also support new DSpace features / paradigms. We need to do this manually for each XMLUI theme!
Get latest headers from here:
Lots of changes in
- Remove ds-user-box display
- Remove OpenSearch description.xml
- Preserve custom header link, like ilri.org (ds-header-logo-link)
- Preserve custom Google Analytics keys