A List of Questions for a Potential Client
An open source list of questions to ask your client/potential clients before kicking off a project by
- Originally published: 25/02/2014
- Who is responsible for content in your organisation?
- How often will content be updated on your site?
- What’s your deadline?
- Are there any technical dependencies that need to be considered?
- Do you host your website in-house, or use a third party service?
- Do you currently have analytics installed?
- Who needs to sign off design and functionality?
- What do (and should) people search for to find you?
- Describe your business in three sentences?
- What do you want your site to accomplish?
- What is the first thing you want someone to do when they land at your site?
- What is the second thing you want someone to do?
- How do you want your user to feel when they first visit your website?
- Explain your target markets. As detailed as possible is better, including research into segments and personas if you have them.
- Give me a list of websites you like, including detailed reasons why.
- Give me a list of websites you don’t like, including detailed reasons why.
- What are the things you wish your website did currently?
- How will you measure success with your website (eg, increased sales, increased donation, increased traffic)?
- What is the most successful part of your current website?