ConvertKit Giveaway Automation
The following is an example of how to incorporate a ConvertKit Automation for a Giveaway.
This example assumes you have setup a Form on ConvertKit (called 'Giveaway Form').
1. Setup the Visual Automation
The following is a rough diagram of a sample Visual Automation. An explanation is provided after the diagram.
[WEBSITE FORM] | | | [Add Tag: 'website-giveaway'] | | | [HAS TAG? - 'main-list'] | ------------- YES NO | | | ADD TAG: "main-list" | | -------------- | | | [HAS TAG? - 'june-2022-giveaway'] | ------------- YES NO | | SEND EMAIL: | "You're Already | Entered" | | SEND EMAIL: "Thanks For Entering" | | | ADD TAG: "june-2022-giveaway" | | -------------- | | | [Remove Tag: 'website-giveaway'] | | | [DONE]
This Automation will do the following:
- On submission of the Form ('Giveaway Form')
- Add a Tag: 'website-giveaway' (this will be useful later when we remove it)
- Check to see if the user has a Tag for the Main List:
- If Yes, do nothing and continue
- If No, Add a Tag for the Main List
- Check to see if the user has a Tag for the 'June 2022 Giveaway' List:
- If Yes, send the "You're Already Entered" email
- If No, send the "Thanks for Entering" email, and Add a Tag for the 'June 2022 Giveaway' List
- Remove the Tag for 'website-giveaway'
2. Setup a Rule to Allow Multiple Form Submissions
The following example is how I setup a Rule which enables users to submit the Form multiple times, and keep going through the Automation loop.
TRIGGER: Tag Removed: 'website-giveaway' ACTION: Unsubscribe from a Form: 'Giveaway Form'
Usually, users cannot submit a Form more than once because they are added as a Subscriber to the Form. This Rule will unsubscribe a user from the Form so they can submit it again.