The Volunteer Management System(VMS) is a Volunteer Management and Tracking System, which will be useful for volunteer coordinators, volunteer sign-up, tracking hours, and reporting. VMS helps Systers in organizing events, and helps the volunteers to contribute in them.
- Back-end: Python, Django
- Front-end: Bootstrap
- Database: Psql
- Testing: Selenium
- Integrations: Portal API
- Complete upgradation of the Django version as well as the UI.
- An API to send the event data to Vola App
- Reporting Functionality implementation
- Using Portal API data to provide events for volunteers
- Other enhancements including email confirmation, improvement in code, password reset, validation of location, organizations, notification implementation
- Search Filters implementation on events, jobs, volunteers
- Migrate to Python 3.6 and Django 1.11
- Vola API implementation
- Portal API communication implementation
- Implementation of Reporting Functionality
- Validation of organizations
- Edit Request Manager for logged shifts
- Shift Filters for logged, unlogged and reported shifts
- Search Filters for events and jobs for admins and volunteers
- Validation of location dependent dropdown list implementation
- UI upgradation
- Notification for volunteers
- Assignment of shift
- Cancellation of shift
- Rejection of submitted report
- Approval of submitted report with the PDF of the same.
- Editing of logged hours by admins upon an edit request.
- Volunteer Search Implementation for administrators on the basis of event and job
- Implementation of Password Reset, password change Functionality
- Email Authentication
- Implementing Class based views for Authentication App
- Added description field for events
- Event Detail View
- Sign up allowed with empty organization database
- Improvement in CSS coding standards by replacing nbsp with padding
- Upcoming shifts filter
- Password Regex Checks in sign up
- Past events set to non editable
- Wiki SideBar update
- Hide textbox for resume link when file is uploaded
- Home Page updation with removal of broken links
- Database models doc updation
- Password Authentication while sign-up
Future Development Opportunities
In addition to the above features, I would recommend the following features to enhance the project in future.
- Porting to Django 2.0
- Switch to Event based structure from shift based
- Various other social logins - Github, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Work dependency
- First working experience remotely.
- Team work
- New Technologies including git practices, test driven development, coding standards implementation.
- Self Learning
- Improvement in writing and communication skills.