- Download a VM from http://modern.ie (I used Windows 8.1)
- Download Adobe Application Manager - log in and install Adobe Gaming SDK 1.4, then log back out and quit the app.
- Download and install Java.
- Download and install Make for Windows.
C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin;C:\Program Files\Adobe Gaming SDK 1.4\AIR SDK\binto your PATH (open the windows menu and type "environment variable" to get an auto-focus on the settings area you need to do this in.
- In VirtualBox's settings for the VM, go to Shared Folders and add your flash projects folder as auto-mount, full access, permanent. This will make it available on your virtualized machine at the *D:* drive, after you restart the VM.
- Open up a powershell, go to
D:\yourproject, and run
maketo run your Makefile.
Building Adobe AIR projects for windows