Testing IE 7/8/9 on OSX
Steps needed to start IE7/8/9 testing on OSX with VirtualBox
- Download and install VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
- Download the free VPC images of IE versions you need from Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=11575)
- For each image, extract the auto-unarchiving .exe. Zipeg was tested and it worked (http://www.zipeg.com/)
- Open the extracted VHD in VirtualBox
- In VirtualBox change the Storage settings: Settings --> Storage --> Remove the drive from under SATA and add it under the IDE driver.