Nominee name: Benito Gonzalez
Nominee email: email@example.com
Organization: Unicon, Inc.
Benito has been a long-time member of the Jasig and Apereo communities, as an adopter of Sakai, uPortal, and CAS, and now as a consultant primarly working on uPortal at Unicon. Benito recently joined the uPortal Steering Committee.
Benito has significantly contributed to uPortal and to several Portlets in its ecosystem.
Benito is active on uPortal email lists.
Benito has 119 commits in uPortal, including
- database-backed Person Attribute Group Store implementation
- dependency upgrades, build engineering, and release engineering
Benito also reviews and merges many Pull Requests from other contributors.
Benito has contributed significantly to several other Apereo repositories, including
- 42 commits on NewsReaderPortlet
- 18 commits on CalendarPortlet
- 16 commits on NotificationPortlet
- 9 commits on WebProxyPortlet
- commits to a handful of other repositories
in such areas as
- presentation features
- bug fixes
- release engineering
Expected future contributions
On the uPortal steering committee, Benito has taken on cleaning up records of committership.
I expect Benito will continue to increase his code and other contributions to projects in the uPortal ecosystem through his role consulting on and supporting uPortal at Unicon, Inc.
Benito is on the Open Apereo 2017 conference schedule for
- Co-presenting the uPortal 5 pre-conference workshop
- Portlet showcase
- co-presenting the Sinclair College AngularJS-portal implementation
A note on methods
I relied on quick reports and metrics that are convenient to read out of GitHub and Google Groups for this post. Those methods are nothing like perfect at reflecting all of an individual human's work, especially when that human uses various user account identifiers. I also didn't go looking for work in other contexts, e.g. GitLab.com or Atlassian BitBucket. Therefore I cannot promise that the above does not under-report Benito's work.