Commit Message Convention
type(scope): subject <body> <footer>
1. Type of commit
feat: The new feature being added to a particular application fix: A bug fix style: Feature and updates related to styling refactor: Refactoring a specific section of the codebase test: Everything related to testing docs: Everything related to documentation chore: Regular code maintenance
2. Scope (optional)
Provided in parentheses after the type of commit, describing parts of the code affected by the changes or simply the epic name.
Short description of the applied changes.
- Limit the subject line to 50 characters
- Your commit message should not contain any whitespace errors or punctuation marks
- Do not end the subject line with a period
- Use the present tense or imperative mood in the subject line
feat(claims): add claims detail page fix(orders): validation of custom specification
4. Body (Optional)
Use the body to explain what changes you have made and why you made them.
- Separate the subject from the body with a blank line
- Limit each line to 72 characters
- Do not assume the reviewer understands what the original problem was, ensure you add it
- Do not think your code is self-explanatory
5. Footer (optional)
Use this section to reference issues affected by the code changes or comment to another developers or testers.
fix(orders): correct minor typos in code See the issue for details on typos fixed. Reviewed-by: @John Doe Refs #133