Notes for Call (2/5/14)
- Boomerange detection progress: how good is that bishop move?
- => get "free" material on first move which leads to catastrophe later
- => 180: Alekhine-Levenfish (ideal)
- => maybe Rasmusson-Niemi
- => 184: Lasker-Ragozin
- => 176: Nielsen-Amateur (black's POV)
- => 174: Richter-Amateur @ 3-pli
- => important to search odd plies
- How is score calculated? centipawns vs. position
- => includes position aspects: development, pawn structure, open files, movement
- => See Stockfish weight calculation
- => Traits: "Mobility, Pawn Structure, Passed Pawns, Space, Cowardice, Agressiveness"
- => "Positional (Petrosion) vs. Tactical (Tal) players"
- => Understanding current position relative to trend in player's history
- => Delta in traits between player history and current position/move
- Predicting the next move: capturing user styles
- => Humans give different weights
- => Can we learn weights for individual players from game archives
- => TODO: Ask Stockfish where their weights came from
- New move metric: how "deep" is this move?
- Run search with progressively increasing depth and see when it changes
- For Rabinovich-Nimzovich Baden, Baden '25
go depth 2/4/6 => bestmove e2d4 ponder f6d6
go depth 12 => bestmove e3e4 ponder d5d2
go depth 16 => bestmove g1f1 ponder d5d2
go depth 32 => bestmove g1f1 ponder d5d2
- Drama = Character (style) + Situation (boomerang) "Augmenting Chess Storytelling"
- Sheldon Lazarus (american memory association): science
- Deep Blue : Intelligence :: This : Empathy