Git Presentation Resources
- View the slides online here: Pragmatic Version Control Using Git, on SlideSix
- Feedback Survey - I would really appreciate your input on my presentation content and my presenting skills. You can rate/comment anonymously.
- My Blog about web development, ColdFusion, and technology
- Fork me on Github
- Git Community Book - Free, and available as an eBook as well.
- Pragmatic Version Control Using Git - Excellent book! This is where I learned most of what I know about git.
- Pro Git
Workflow - more in-depth
- A successful Git branching model <- I recommend this workflow for larger teams or if you see & appreciate the benefit of the extra work.
- My Git Workflow (note: not mine personally, the article author's) <- I recommend a flavor of this for solo-development.
- My Common Git Workflow - Yehuda Katz (RoR, jQuery, merb)
- Visual Git Guide
- A Rebase-based Workflow
- Agile Git Workflow
Git <---> SVN
Since everyone who writes about
git-svn titles their post "My Git-svn workflow", I'll just link to them by name.
- Git Tag Does the Wrong Thing by Default <- this is important! tag with -a!
- Why Git is Better Than X - Honest and thorough comparison of Git against other popular SCMs.
- Distributed Version Control is here to stay, baby - quoted in my presentation
- 10 useful git commands
- Some inspiration taken from Making History with Git by my coworkers Hector Castro and Brian Flad