A script that will pull from reddit.com/r/wallpapers so you always have variety.
Credit goes to /u/Molozonide who supplied the script :D I just fixed it up and put it nicely in one place.
- Go to terminal and
cd ~/Pictures/ && mkdir wallpapersso you have a place for your wallpapers
- Take the files
imgur_album_download.shand move them to
- In terminal edit your cron jobs by doing
crontab -eand editing the file to have the following:
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin 0 10 * * * /Users/USER/Pictures/wallpapers/redditwallpapers.sh &> /dev/null
- Verify that the cron job is running by doing
- Go to your Desktop, select Change Desktop Background...
- In the bottom right hit the + button, select the
wallpapersfolder and then check Change picture interval.
Note: If you get
Permission denied for running
imgur_album_download.sh, you may need to change the permissions (
- If you want to customize the
/wallpapersdirectory, just remember to update
- You can also customize the subreddit to pull from by changing the