GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON divvy_2013.* TO 'divvy@localhost';
NOTE, LOAD DATA INFILE requires that the csv file be in the same directory as the database. strange. very strange.
- Steps to pre-process Divvy Data
- There are some instances of #N/A in the station ids - search for all and replace with -1 (about 1900 of them)
- In the trip duration column, there are occasionally values with commas and quotes - e.g. "1,123" representing 1123.
- These are converted to a single number in excel.
- Remove the text name columns for the station names. we'll use the databased to join that data on the other table.
- All dates are converted to mysql format using the format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss