Guide to Caveman Debugging Complex Systems
- Generally state the issue you want to debug
- Specifically identify the answer you seek from the debugging
- List all possible points of failure in the system
- Identify the minimum components required to debug the issue
- Remove all possible points of failure not part of the minimum component list
- Test the issue on this minimum setup. Does it work or not?
If the sytem does not work in the minimum setup you should begin replacing components with others that are known to work.
- Start by switching out the component in question in this issue with one that works