Pre 2019 Articles by Difficulty Ranking
Posts are referenced doubly by difficulty then by chronological release order. Articles with a (+x) notation contain an advanced section that is not necessary reading, but dives into more advanced subject matter as a post-article exploration.
Requires no prerequisite knowledge. Frequently these articles are not directly programming related, and address other topical areas.
This ranking is more likely to grow in 2019, but in the mean time I would suggest reading the content that Mehdi has been writing over the past few years.
- 0.5 - Creating Reducing Enumerable
- 1 - The Developer Spectrum
- 1.5 - Let's Read - Eloquent Ruby Ch 1
- 1.5 - Let's Read - Eloquent Ruby Ch 2
- 0 - Lemurs Mean Hope
- 0 - RubyConf Rundown Pt. 1
Requires some prerequisite knowledge of technologies. A lot of my articles fall into this area, and are typically introductions to a more advanced topic I don't want to cover without a lead-in article of some sort.
- 2.5 - Reducing Enumerable - The Basics
- 2 (+2) - Triple Equals Black Magic
- 2 - FP in Ruby - State
- 2.5 - FP in Ruby - Closures
- 2 - Exploring Ruby 2.6 - Hash and Enumerable
- 2 - Reducing Enumerable - Part One: The Journey Begins
- 2 - Reducing Enumerable - Part Two: Chartreuse, Master of Map
- 2 - Reducing Enumerable - Part Three: Indigo, Master of Select
- 2 - Reducing Enumerable - Part Four: Violet, Master of Find
- 2 - Reducing Enumerable - Part Five: Cerulean, Master of Tally By
- 2 - Reducing Enumerable - Part Six: A Final Lesson from Scarlet
- 2 - Scaling Christmas - An Illustrated Adventure
- 2 - I want to paste in Pry!
- 2 - On On-Call
Requires a good deal of prerequisite knowledge of technologies. These articles focus more on ways to leverage languages and tools to do things outside of standard lessons, and as such may be hard for new programmers to entirely understand.
- 3 - Reducing Enumerable - Boolean and No-Op
- 3 (+1) - Abusing Hash Constructors
- 3.5 - Reducing Enumerable - Sorting and State
- 3 - Triple Equals Predicates
- 3.5 - For Want of Pattern Matching - Qo
- 3 - Xf Part 1 - Scopes
- 3.5 - Xf Part 2 - Traces
- 3 - FP in Ruby - Flow Control
- 3.5 - Mf - Abusing Ruby's Operator Precedence
- 3.5 - Exploring Ruby 2.6 - Proc#compose and Enumerator#chain
Requires a lot of prerequisite knowledge, or dives into a deep part of a specific tech or concept. I already have a number of these articles drafted for early 2019, and this will likely be where most of the really interesting ones get written.
- 4 - Understanding Transducers in Ruby
- 4.5 - Destructuring in Ruby
- 4.5 - Sf - Abusing Operators and Method Missing
Articles that go well down the rabbit hole into wild esoterica that may be hard to understand without significant prerequisite reading or lead-in articles.
I write very few of these on purpose, as they have a lot of lead in or cover a very specific subject matter.
Currently there's only one, but there are plans for a few more that build on destructuring to create some truly out there articles.
- 5 - Qo::Evil