- Create a GitHub account (if you don't already have one)
- On the command line, in your home directory or a directory you have for projects, run:
git clone https://github.com/nodejs/node.git
- When that is done:
- Go to https://github.com/nodejs/node and use the "Fork" button to fork your own repo of node
- On the page for your fork, use the "Clone or download" button and copy the URL for cloning to your clipboard, then run:
git remote add mine <paste that URL here!>
- Follow the instructions at https://github.com/nodejs/node/blob/master/BUILDING.md to build Node.js.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at @NodeTodo to get a good first contribution to work on or to get help with any of the above steps.