So, we figured creating our own chatroom could be fun.
It's something we can all work together on.
We don't plan on moving there but the project itself could be interesting for the whole room to collaborate work on.
What we need to discuss now:
- What technologies we want to use (Node/Express seems natural for serverside. What about clientside?)
- What features to we want? Do we just want to start with a clone of the SO chat?
- Adding features should be easy
- Responsive and fast
- Works on IE10+, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera
- Mobile interface that actually works
Current stack proposal
- AngularJS as clientside MVW, libraries (like jQuery) accepted gladly on a need to basis.
- NodeJS/ExpressJS/SQL for server side.