Install a skeleton Rails app with Hyrax
(from Seth Johnson)
$ ruby -v => ruby 2.3.0p0 (2015-12-25 revision 53290) [x86_64-linu $ rails -v => Rails 5.0.2
rails new my_app -m https://raw.githubusercontent.com/projecthydra-labs/hyrax/master/template.rbThis will give you a directory called "my_app". if you don't like that, edit the above command with your own project name.
rails generate hyrax:work Work
bundle exec rake hyrax:workflow:load
- Now start the app (solr, fedora, etc):
bundle exec rake hydra:server
- Go to http://0.0.0.0:3000. Is the app up? It was for me.
- In a new terminal, in
bundle exec rake hyrax:default_admin_set:create
- Now make a new user: http://127.0.0.1:3000/users/sign_up?locale=en
- Next, make that user an admin. Shutdown the server (in the window you ran
bundle exec rake hydra:serverdo a
config/role_map.yamland add your user as an admin. How to do that is here: but it's really just:
development: ... admin: - email@example.com
- Start up the server:
bundle exec rake hydra:serverand go to http://0.0.0.0:3000
- You should see an "Administration" link in the top left corner. You can click that, then the "Administrative Sets" link and you should see a "Default Admin Set" link. Click that and then click "Edit". Click "Workflow". That's what we're going to be talking about a lot on Monday.