Marbled Pound Cake
Source: https://rasamalaysia.com/marble-cake-recipe/ ( http://web.archive.org/web/20190608024231/https://rasamalaysia.com/marble-cake-recipe/ )
- 1⅔ cups flour (200g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (220g)
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar (200g)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix flour and baking powder together and sieve (optional). Add salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color.
- Continue beating and add one egg. Beat until creamy again. Repeat until all eggs have been added and beaten in.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in milk.
- Start preheating oven to 375°F.
- Divide the batter in half. Stir the cocoa powder into one half and mix well.
- Pour the plain batter into a greased loaf baking pan.
- Pour the cocoa batter in the middle of the pan and swirl them together with a butter knife. Do not overmix.
- Bake at 375°F until golden brown and cooked, about 40 to 55 minutes. To avoid browning, cover with foil after 20 minutes.
- Use a knife or cake tester to test the cake for doneness. Keep baking if the middle of the cake is still wet, checking at 5–10 minute intervals or based on your experience.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.