- Create a new public gist on https://gist.github.com/
- Under "Clone this gist", copy the link (i.e., https://gist.github.com/4415518.git)
- If you have the command line git tools, clone this gist to a local folder: git clone https://gist.github.com/4415518.git
- It will add a folder with the gist id as a name (i.e., 4415518) under the current working directory. Navigate to this folder in the command line: cd 4415518 (dir 4415518 on windows)
- Navigate to this folder in your file explorer and add an image (i.e., test.png)
- Add it to git from the command line: git add test.png
- Commit it to git: git commit -m "I just added a file!"
- Push this commit to your remote gist (you will need your Github user name and password): git push
- Go back and refresh your Gist on https://gist.github.com/ to confirm that it worked
Test for attaching a png to a gist
Mar 29, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
I tried and this works!