CircuitPython in 2019
Wishlist for 2019:
- Continued networking support:
- 2018 brought support for LoRaWAN, BLE, and the beginnings of ESP-coprocessor support for WiFi.
- Also linux devices (like the Raspberry Pi) can now be programmed in CircuitPython and communicate with Adafruit IO.
- Much like a few of these recaps, I'd like to see support (or the beginnings of supporting) asynchronous programing in CircuitPython.
- Low-Power Modes
- DeepSleep for ESP-based devices (@danh had this as well on his list).
- Simplified Release Page
- With the additions of new CircuitPython boards on what seems like a weekly basis (which is fantastic), the release page is getting long. Adding language support for each build has made it longer as well. Something similar to NODEMCU-Build would simplify the question of "which version/board do I install". It'd also show what's currently offered!
-- Brent Rubell, @brentru on GitHub, @brentr on Discord.