To start using Carthage with a new project:
- List your dependencies in a Cartfile. Refer to the Carthage documentation for details.
carthage bootstrap --no-build --use-submodules
- Create a new workspace.
- Drag your existing App project into the workspace.
- Drag framework dependency projects from ./Carthage/Checkouts into the workspace.
- Go to the General tab of your target properties.
- Add framework dependencies to Linked Frameworks and Libraries. They will show up as Workspace frameworks.
- Add the same frameworks to Embedded Binaries.
- Note, the previous step will probably create duplicates in Linked Frameworks and Libraries. Delete the duplicates.