These are the advantages communist has over parallel are in general that communist is geared towards reusable and fast workers that are useful in actual apps which parallel is geared towards single use workers that are not helpful in actual apps, specific differences include:
- Parallel can only make one time use workers that are opened, evaluated and closed. This is a horrible strategy, which is slow.
- Parallel can only return values from functions in the worker while communist allows for async resolution and event subscriptions.
- Communist has both managed and unmanaged queues for distributing data among multiple workers
- Communist has a fallback for older browsers meaning you can still use it in your app even if your boss uses IE9.
- Communist is actively tested on a verity of modern browsers.