About the practice of meditation
- Number one, relax
- There’s no 'right way' to meditate
- Whatever arises during meditation, it’s okay, let it come and let it go (the mind is chaotic and messy, it's okay)
- Notice your thoughts and emotions, don’t judge them, let them come and let them go
- Don’t try to solve anything during meditation
- Keep letting go, creating space in your mind
At the end of each meditation
At the end of each meditation is the time to reflect and learn:
- What just happened?
- How did I use my mind?
- How did my mind change during the course of the meditation?
- How do I feel now compared with when I started?
The mind is a garden to tend to regularly and gradually, not an engineering project ;-)