This guide describes the workflow to contribute to <projectname>:
Do's and Dont's
- Don't work on the master branch. Work on a single topic branch, which is related to a single issue.
- Don't merge your changes to the master branch. Rebase your topic branch on top of the upstream master/develop branch just before your start your pull request.
- Don't rebase published/non private commits. All published/non private commits should be merged, this is although true if someone else forks of your branch.
- Don't merge your pull request. Get all changes from the merged upstream master/develop branch
- Squash your commits. Just before you push your branch to your fork for pull requesting, squash your commits so they have only the most important information in the log messages.