VSCode + PSReadline - How To Start Using the Alpha PowerShell Extension for PSReadline Goodness Now
Courtesy of @scrthq from slack
Chatting on Twitter with @ctmcisco about this and figured it would be worth posting for everyone here, in case anyone else is curious!
- Go to the Branches tab on the vscode-powershell repo in GitHub: https://github.com/PowerShell/vscode-powershell/branches
- Find the
2.0.0branch, then click the green check mark in the center of the page.
- Click the blue Details link next to the AppVeyor line. This will take you to the most recent AppVeyor build of that branch.
- On the top-right of the page, just above the console output, click the Artifacts tab.
- Click the PowerShell-insiders.vsix file to download it.
- Open Visual Studio Code, press F1 or [Ctrl|Cmd]+Shift+P to show the Command Pallet, then search for vsix. Select Extensions: Install from VSIX from the search results.
- Navigate to the VSIX file downloaded during Step 5, select it, then click the Install button to install it.
- Reload Code when asked.
- IMPORTANT: For PSReadline to work, you need to enable the PSReadline Developer Feature Flag in your settings. You can do this by adding the following to your Code Settings:
"powershell.developer.featureFlags": [ "PSReadLine" ]
- Reload the Code window or restart the PowerShell extension session to activate.