- Following will copy all of dot
~/.files and directories (including its contents) directly underneath home directory.
- To avoid copying cache and other local configs, e.g., that of web browser, java apps, etc., preferably query directory size tool under entire home
ncdu $HOMEof similar tool.
- Exclude all those large directories using
rsync --exclude=.local --exclude=.cacheformat
- Avoid rsync password, ssh keys, .bash_history, etc. if you are uploading to github, etc.
- rsync home dotfiles and configs as follows:
# in your local machine