Create cross reference links in Evernote (OSX)
Create links within a single note.
- OSX Yosemite
- Ruby gem
- To install:
> gem install pasteboard(may require
sudo, xcode, etc.)
- For an alternate version of this workflow that doesn't require ruby gem, checkout https://gist.github.com/cs150bf/11987d5b87a5416ff124
- To install:
- Evernote OSX client
- Option 1: Download "Create Cross Reference.workflow.zip", unzip and install as a service
- Option 2: Build your own workflow/service using Automator with the 3 scripts in this gist (see the screenshot for example)
Warning: The generated result (a link + styled anchor) will be written to your clipboard.
See a demo here
- In Evernote client, select text that you would like to set as "destination", right click and select "Service -> Create Cross Reference". This selected text will be your "anchor".
- You will be asked to enter a "label" for this destination (default value should be fine most of the time).
- Next you will be asked to enter the text for the generated link.
- The selected text will be replaced by a generated link and a styled anchor.
- Feel free to move the generated link to anywhere you want within the same note. Clicking on this link should take you to your anchor.
You can modify
create-cross-reference-links.js to style the generated link/anchor as you like.