Site-Speed Topography Demo
- Identical First Paint and First Contentful Paint mean that we show
either a font or an image in our first render—this means we do not have any
- Large gap between First Contentful and Largest Contentful Paint means
we’re waiting a long time for an image.
- Gaps between Largest Contentful Paint and SpeedIndex means we’re
waiting for above-the-fold but not-largest content to paint.
- This is usually a cookie banner or similar late-loaded content.
- Gaps between First, First Contentful, and Largest Contentful
Paints show a series of issues with firstly a web-font and, secondly, an
- This suggests that this is the only page with a web-font issue—does it use
a different font than the others?
- Identical First, First Contentful, and Largest Contentful Paints
mean that our first render contained everything we needed.
- The largest piece of content on this page was textual.
- Individual outliers can also be seen in this view. This page has a higher
Time to First Byte.
- Is is expensive to build the search results page on the back-end?
- Gaps between TTFB and FP suggest render-blocking resources.
- Gaps between FP and FCP is likely a web-font issue.
- Gaps between FCP and LCP are slow- or late-loaded images.
- Gaps between LCP and SI are slow-loading regions of non-largest but
above the fold content.